Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Zoo!

I have been on vacation this week.  It has been nice. 

I kept Connor home on Monday and decided to brave a 1.5 hour drive to the zoo. All by myself. Me and a 2.5 year old. Alone. Are you getting my drift? Do you think I'm crazy? Yeah, I thought so too!
Anyways, we get to the zoo right as it was opening up and we even got a front row parking space....WOW!

Connor was so excited and kept saying "let's go momma".  And go we did. We checked out the bears first, then moved on to the camels and elephants.
Then we made our way to the gorillas and monkeys.


We checked out some butterflies, too!
 
Then we found a part of the zoo, that momma didn't realize existed. It had a carousel, a wading pool and some other fun stuff. 


Milking a cow....he thought that was funny!



We had lunch, changed into some dry clothes and went to see some more animals. Connor slept most of the 1.5 hours home.


It was a good day!

No comments: