Monday, June 23, 2008

What a weekend!

Well, let's see. Where do I begin. Father's day weekend didn't go as planned. My uncle called me Friday night to tell me that my he had taken my dad down to the Veterans Hospital. His heart had been bothering him for a few days and he hadn't told anyone. So, they admitted him to the hospital for the weekend. Then, I woke up Saturday morning with a cold. Now, I always have a big cookout for my dad and father-in-law for Father's day, but it looked as though this one wasn't going to happen. They decided to keep dad until Monday and I felt like crap, so I cancelled the cookout.

By Monday morning, I felt miserable. I couldn't breath and it was scaring me. I woke Mike up at 5 a.m. crying. I felt like I needed to go to the E.R., but Mike talked me out of it and made me take a hot shower instead. It helped, but I called my doctor as soon as the office opened. They said they would call me back, but I hadn't heard anything by 10 a.m. Mike called to check on me at 10:30 a.m. and my breathing sounded awful. It scared him so he made go on out to Urgent Care. I was diagnosed with Acute Bronchitis and an ear infection and my oxygen level had dropped to 97%, which isn't bad, but not good either. I had my prescriptions filled and was on my way home before my doctor's office called me back. When I answered the phone, the nurse said "You sound really sick".....well no duh lady!

On my way out to the doctors office, my dad's girlfriend called to tell me they were taking him to surgery to put a pacemaker in. This totally freaked me out. I didn't know what putting in a pacemaker entailed. But my dad came thru it perfectly. He is feeling so much better, and so am I. I am finally getting over this crap.

Maybe next father's day will be much better. After all, it will be Mike's first father's day!

No comments: